Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ginkgo Loco

Tuesday, May 3, 2011
It all started with this logo which I saw on FB, which shows a couple`s names- both starting with the letter "P"- intertwined, with a single "P" for both their names formed into the shape of a seahorse.How cute, I thought. Might as well get one for ourselves, by ourselves, with a symbol or object that is a nod to our common interest or past. 

So that`s how the ginkgo leaf idea came in. In Japan, the ginkgo tree is a symbol of  longevity, hope, and resilience.   Each autumn sees the university awash with its vibrant, yellow-gold leaves...






This yearly phenomenon sends the students, especially the Pinoys, in a picture-taking frenzy. I can`t explain it.





Anyway, here are some designs we came up with (technically it was the G who drew them).





First version. I didn`t like the fonts, the leaves I thought too curly, and why so many?


Other versions:







And still another one. 




The Todai reference on this one is too obvious, we could get sued, hehe. I like its simplicity, though.



In the end we had to let go of the idea. But it was fun for the most part.








2 comments:

Mae Rose said...

Yey! I can comment now.
I do like the last design, but maybe not the other leaf in yellow. Perhaps pale pink? Pero excited ako kung ano theme pinili ninyo.

It's too bad that our best jump picture has my face covered. hehehehehe

Regina said...

Hi, Mae Rose, thanks for alerting me about the viewer comments not coming through...yey! too, I have a comment,hahaha...

More on this theme thing as I go...oo nga, too bad...that shot I think is pretty amazing!

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket