Monday, March 21, 2011

Guess Who's (Not) Coming

Monday, March 21, 2011
My celebrity guest wish list...

Ate Gay

My dream wedding party host! No kidding. I mean, just look at that face! Ate Gay is cool...makes people laugh without trying too hard, and does it without having to insult others (take that, Vice Ganda). Probably too busy conquering the comedy bar-pistahan circuit all over the Philippines by that time (I haven`t really asked her, though). 




Dave Matthews

Obviously I wouldn`t be the first person in the world to fancy Dave Matthews Band singing for my wedding party (read related news here). Guess I`ll just have to contend myself with bootleg videos of I`ll Back You Up on YouTube. But no sweat, DM. Maybe someday, someday...





Ben Folds and Regina Spektor

'gone to heaven with the news that Ben Folds and Regina Spektor have teamed up. And knowing the quirkiness of these two, you wouldn't expect nothing less than a bouncy, anti-love song that dares to say why things could go wrong in the first place: "You don't know me at all."  


 
I'd imagine them just jamming, Ben and Regina side by side on the piano, with Ate Gay slithering on top, ala- Michelle Pfeiffer in "The Fabulous Baker Boys"!

and last but not the least...


Don McLean

2004... I was doing field work in this very remote village up in the north that can only be reached by crossing a network of  rivers. No electricity, no clinics, no cellphone signal. Everyone seemed to talk and behave cautiously, as this village has seen many encounters between government soldiers and rebels (who were probably mingling with the local people in plain sight). Night time came in, the lights went out, we were tucked in our beds, and there`s nothing but a stream of songs from a neighbor`s cassette player lulling everybody to sleep...folk classics from Asin, Coritha, and yes, Don McLean. Because good music encompasses generations, geographic boundaries, tastes and classes...I bet everyone in the wedding party would agree...



"I don't want you to pledge your future, the future's not yours to give. Just stand there a little longer and let me watch while you live..."

Now that is romantic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket